Examples of the multi-faceted forms of education funded by Bishops’ Appeal are:
- Vocational training for youths in Sierra Leone where there is a 70% unemployment rate;
- Cashel, Ferns & Ossory Dioceses supporting two women’s literacy projects, one in Ethiopia and one in Democratic Republic of Congo;
- Women’s vocational training in Ghana;
- Teacher training in Uganda;
- Education to prevent gender-based violence in Zambia and Bolivia;
- Literacy training in Pakistan (as once women could write … they could vote).